Friday, February 16, 2018

Curiosity

"Curiosity" Original Lino Cut Print ©MaryAnnTestagrossa
When I decided I wanted to explore lino cut printing again, and in more depth than I had in the past, I knew that I wanted to start with a series of small images first.  And since I am an animal lover with three cats and a dog, I knew it was going to be cats.  "Curiosity" is the first print in my series of twelve cat prints.  They are all 8"x8"prints, with the actual image being 6"x6."


I tend to take a lot of photos so I can share different parts of the process of making my prints.  This photo shows the block carved into three pieces.  This is for the three different colors of the print.  Makes it easier to roll the separate colors onto the block and not overlap colors.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541300304/cat-print-black-cat-print-cat-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_8

A few finished prints, and the tools of the trade.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541300304/cat-print-black-cat-print-cat-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_8

A few more finished prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment