Thursday, February 23, 2023

Self Care - Taking a Retreat Day at Home

Today, quite spontaneously, I decided to take a retreat day at home.  Actually, right in my bedroom.  It is snowing outside, a rare occurrence here on the coast of northern CA.  I am enjoying the beauty I see from my bedroom windows, while being warm and cozy indoors.  And all three of my furry family members have joined me.  Do you see my ginger boy Hobbs in photo?  So far, this retreat is going very well.  

Every good retreat needs to start with a great cup of coffee.  I make a blend of five different flavors of decaf, and some stevia.  And it needs to be in one of my favorite coffee cups.  This is a recent find.  I collect rainbow mugs.  They remind me of my cat Tiger.  


So my plan for today is to get inspired.  To fill up my creative well.  I brought my computer and a notebook, and a collection of art books to read, up to my "bedroom sanctuary." And I have a number of ideas for writing on my blog.  I LOVE to write and just never give myself the time.  Maybe I can change that this year.


My book collection of inspiration for today has a book on block printing, some books on collage, my other love, some art business books, and The Artist's Way. I don't think I will read them all, but bits and pieces of them.  And I'll share the wisdom of what I find in other posts for you.  

So far today is a perfect day.  

Self care is sooo important for artists.  If we don't feed our creative wells, we have nothing to draw from for our creativity.  That's when we experience creative block. I would highly recommend taking a creative home retreat as a way to inspire yourself, and move through creative block, if you are experiencing that.  Or even if you are not.  It's an enriching way to spend a day.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment